When you first set up your Web Presence, you are asked to add one domain, however, you can add more websites for the same presence. As an example, you may want to track a subdomain, a blog or any other site related to your primary site and for which you wish to track your organic visibility. Many organizations maintain several websites, all of which they consider part of their overall Web Presence.
Contact your Client Success Manager or email@example.com if you are unsure whether you should create a separate Web presence or include all of your keywords and content under a single presence. (Note: You must have at least one website per presence).
Follow these Steps to Add a Website to a Web Presence:
- Login into gShift and navigate to the Web Presence you would like to add a website to.
- Click on the Configure button in the header.
- Click on Website > Configure from the left-hand navigation.
- Click on the Add Related Website button.
- Choose http:// or https:// and enter the domain name of the new website to add. NOTE: Be sure to choose the correct variation of http:// or https:// as selecting the incorrect version can result in Google Analytics data inaccuracies. Click Verify.
- If the website is missing a redirect between www and non-www, you will need to verify which version to add on the next step. Select the correct/preferred version and click Use Anyway or Change for the the chosen website to be added to your Presence.
- If the website resolves then you need to simply click accept and it will be added.
- Once the website has been added, you will be taken to the Configure Website panel where you can add Google Analytics, Google Search Console and Change the Name or HTTP values for the newly added site.