This optional field can be used to create a regular expression to define Directories and/or Content Pages to be included or excluded from a Site Audit crawl. For example, a Regular Expression such as '^business/(products|services)/' will cause the crawler to only follow URLs which start with business and are followed by either '/products/' or '/services/'.
Note: This setting cannot be used together with the Include and Exclude Filters.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Knowledge Center if you need help with regular expressions.
Follow the steps below to use RegEX in the Site Audit feature:
- Login and navigate to the Web presence you would like to create a Site Audit in.
- Navigate to Site Audit panel under Content or Competitors.
- Select a website or use the Custom URL tab to audit any URL and enter the URL.
- Select Resource Types.
- Select Website Size.
- Click Advanced Options.
- Click Custom Filters.
- Enter the RegEX in the text field.
- Click Run Site Audit to create the audit.
- Check the Resources > On-Site Content to verify the RegEX worked.
Need help learning RegEX? Click Here