The Site Audit is a document that allows you to gain insights into the structure of a website and can provide recommendations on areas to focus on improving.
Let's walk through how to create a Site Audit and what to look at on your First Site Audit.
Follow these steps to create your First Site Audit:
- Login to gShift and navigate to the Web Presence you would like to run a Site Audit on.
- Click on Content from the main navigation.
- Click on Site Audit from the sub navigation.
- Click the Create a New Site Audit button.
- Select your website.
- Select Pages from the list of resources to crawl. (We recommend sticking to just the pages for your first audit and then expanding to other types for more detailed audits)
- Select the Website Size of Small under Advanced Options for your first Site Audit.
- Leave the remaining settings in Advanced Options as is for your first Site Audit
- (We do not recommend changing these without advanced knowledge of the selected website and web server configuration. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance)
- Completed - Crawled through all the resources on your website
- Completed (Reached Max Resources) - Crawled through the Max Resources set and there are more Resources available to be crawled.
- If you want a full crawl of your website. Increase the website size to crawl more resources if you received this message.