Custom Dimensions enable you to capture data and report on anything you choose which is not already being collected by Google Analytics. (Click here to read more about Custom Dimensions)
kontextURLs enable you to assign your Tags to your Custom Dimensions, which will then be reflected in your GA reporting.
Follow these steps to set up and add Custom Dimensions:
- Login to gShift and navigate to your kontextURL Dashboard.
- Click kontextURL settings.
- Click the Google Analytics tab within the kontextURL Account Configuration Beacon.
- Enter your Google Analytics Account Tracking ID.
- Enter the Labels for the Custom Dimensions you have configured in Google Analytics.
- Click Save Settings after you have entered all the Labels and Tracking IDs.
- Navigate to Create and Manage kontextURLs.
- Fill out the fields to create a Basic URL. (Do not click create URL)
- Select a Taxonomy and add Tags to your Link.
- Click Tag Forwarding and Aliasing button.
- Check Enable Analytics.
- Click Custom Dimensions.
- Select the Tags to associate with the Custom Dimensions you've added in Step 5.
- Click Save after you have finished associating all the Tags with Custom Dimensions.
- Click Create kontextURL to create a new kontextURL with embedded Custom Dimensions embedded.
You will now see the kontextURL Tags reflected in your Google Analytics reporting under the associated Custom Dimensions.
Contact gShift Support if you need help associating your Google Analytics UTM parameters with kontextURLs.