kontextURLs are smart URLs, which enable you to associate values to your tracked links using Google Analytics UTMs. Google UTMs will enable you to indicate how the traffic should be sorted within your Google Analytics Profile.
Follow these steps to set up Google Analytics UTMs for your kontextURLs:
- Login to gShift and navigate to your kontextURL Dashboard.
- Click kontextURL Settings from the navigation within your kontextURL dashboard.
- Click the Google Analytics tab within the Beacon.
- Enter your Google Analytics Account Tracking ID (e.g. UA-xxxxxx).
- Click Save Settings.
- Navigate to Create and Manage kontextURLs.
- Fill out the fields to create a Basic URL. (Do not click create URL yet!)
- Select a Taxonomy and add Tags to your Link.
- Click Tag Forwarding and Aliasing button.
- Check Enable Analytics.
- Select a Tag to associate it with the following: Source, Medium, Term, Content or Campaign Name. (All these fields are optional, choose which ones apply to your content and how you want to organize/report on it.)
- Click Save after you have finished associating the Campaign Fields (UTMs) with the Tags.
- Click Create kontextURL to create a new kontextURL with your chosen Custom Dimensions embedded.
You will now see the kontextURL Tags reflected in your Google Analytics reporting under the associated Custom Dimensions.
Contact gShift Support if you need help associating your Google Analytics UTM parameters with kontextURLs.