The Configurable GA Data Beacon is a Premium Beacon which will enable you to report on virtually any metrics you can obtain from Google Analytics. This is one of the most powerful Beacons in our library, as it will enable you to access any website metric for your website including channel metrics, referral metrics, social traffic metrics or even Google Adwords campaign data (provided you have an Adwords account connected to your GA account).
You can easily configure and filter the metrics and dimensions within the Beacon and gain detailed insights into the performance of a website within your Dashboard, when coupled with data from other gShift and/or external Data Beacons.
Note: You must have access to Google Analytics authorized within gShift in order for this Beacon to work.
Follow the Steps below to add the Configurable GA Data Beacon to a Dashboard:
- Ensure you have access to this Premium Beacon, which carries a monthly fee. Contact email@example.com if you would like to use this Beacon within your Dashboards.
- Login to gShift and Navigate to the Dashboard you would like to add the Beacon to.
- Click the Add Beacon button.
- Click Create and Configure a New Beacon button.
- Select Configurable GA Data from the Beacon list.
- Enter a Name (Displayed in Beacon Library and in the ).
- Enter a Title (Displayed within the Beacon on the Dashboard).
- Enter a Description (Displayed in the Beacon Info section).
- Select a Date Range to report on.
- Select a Web Presence to report on.
- Select a Website to report on.
- Select the specific Dimensions you would like to report on.
- Select the specific Metrics you would like to report on.
- Optional - Select which Metrics you would like to sort the table with.
- Optional - Select which Metrics you would like to filter out.
- Optional - Check the box to create a template if you want to reuse the Beacon on other dashboards.
- Click Create Beacon to add it to your Dashboard.
Tip: After you have added Metrics or Dimensions you can Click and Drag them to sort the order of the columns or rows.
Tip: Not all Metrics and Dimensions mix. Use the Google Analytics Query Explorer to test combinations if you are unsure. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org is you require any assistance setting up this Beacon to report on specific metrics or campaigns.
Screenshot of Configure Screen:
- Click Column Headers to sort Ascending or Descending
- Click Page Numbers to navigate through Pages of Data
- If No Data is available then check your configuration to ensure that the dimensions and metrics are compatible. Then check Google Analytics to ensure data is available for the dimensions and metrics you selected.
- Try using filters to get a more refined data set. This will help you focus on specific metrics or dimensions ex. ga:channelGrouping==Organic Search to see only your organic traffic.