The Competitive Keywords Position Beacon enables you or your clients to quickly see who they stack up to in terms of organic search competition. This beacon quickly highlights your and your competitors' current positions and changes vs. the previous time period in an easy to read table.
Follow the Steps below to add the Competitive Keyword Positions Beacon to a Dashboard:
- Login to gShift and navigate to the Dashboard you would like to add the Beacon to.
- Click the Add Beacon button.
- Click the Create and Configure Beacon button.
- Select Competitive Keyword Positions from the Beacon list on the left.
- Enter a Name (Displayed in the Beacon Library and the Beacon Info Section.).
- Enter a Title (Displayed in the Dashboard).
- Enter a Description (Displayed in the Beacon Library and the Beacon Info Section.).
- Select the Date Range you would like to report on.
- Select a Web Presence you would like to report on.
- Select up to 3 competitors you would like to report on. (Minimum of 1 Competitor required.)
- Select a Search Engine you would like to report on.
- Select a Keyword Kluster you would like to report on.
- Optionally - Check the Link Keywords box if you would like to have each keyword link to a more detailed panel within the app.
- Optional - Check the Template box if you would like to make the Beacon a template for use in other Dashboards.
Contact support@gShiftlabs.com if you require any assistance setting up this Beacon or managing keywords, klusters or search engines.
Screenshot of Configure Screen:
- Click the Column Headings to Sort the keywords.
- Click the Keyword to go to Keyword Details panel.
- Keywords are Paginated if over 10 keywords. Click page numbers or arrows to navigate through the results.
- Edit or Configure the Beacon to add more competitors to the Beacon.
- Green - Your Ranking higher than your competitor.
- Yellow - Your Competitor is ranking and you are not.
- Red - Your Competitor is ranking higher than you.
- Quickly identify keywords that you are falling behind on and then click the keyword to find out which content is ranking.