The Website Traffic by Channel Beacon lets you see website metrics grouped into channels as defined by Google Analytics. This data will enable you to quickly determine which channels provides the highest or lowest quality traffic in terms of engagement or conversion and which areas you need to focus on.
Follow these steps to create the Website Traffic by Channel Beacon:
- Login to gShift and navigate to the Dashboard you would like to add a Beacon to.
- Click the Add Beacon icon.
- Click the Create and Configure Beacon button.
- Select Website Traffic by Channel from the Beacon list on the left.
- Fill out the Name (Displayed n in the Beacon Library and the Beacon Info Section.)
- Fill out the Title (Displayed in the Dashboard).
- Fill out the Description (Displayed in the Beacon Library and Beacon Info Section.)
- Select a Date Range to report on.
- Select a Web Presence to report on.
- Select a Website to report on.
- Choose which Columns to display within the Beacon.
- Choose which Channels to report on within the Beacon.
- Optional - Select or deselect to Link Goal Conversions within the Beacon in order to drill down to which specific goals have been completed by Channel.
- Optional - Select or deselect the Template option if you would like the Beacon to be used as a template in other Dashboards.
Screenshot of Configure Screen:
- Click the gear to configure the Beacon. Within the configuration panel you can quickly show or hide Columns and Channels
- Click on Conversions if Link Goal conversions is enabled.
- This Beacon allows you to see how much traffic is being driven in by the various channels. If your traffic is low you should focus your marketing efforts on those channels by creating backlinks, promoting content on social media and optimizing the content with SEO best practices.