The Competitive Keyword Position Distribution Beacon displays a website and its competitor's keyword positions in an easy to read format. This Beacon provides a great way to quickly see your overall visibility for a kluster of keywords relative to your chosen competitors.
Follow the Steps below to add the Competitive Keyword Position Distribution Beacon to a Dashboard:
- Login to gShift and navigate to the Dashboard you would like to add the Beacon to.
- Click the Add Beacon button.
- Click the Create and Configure Beacon button.
- Select Competitive Keyword Position Distribution from the Beacon list.
- Enter a Name (Displayed in the Beacon Library and the Beacon Info Section).
- Enter a Title (Displayed in the Dashboard).
- Enter a Description (Displayed in the Beacon Library and the Beacon Info Section).
- Select a Date Range to report on.
- Select a Web Presence to report on.
- Select a Website to report on.
- Select Competitors you would like to compare visibility with.
- Select a Search Engine you would like to report on.
- Select a Keyword Kluster you would like to report on.
- Optional - Check the Template Box if you would like to make the Beacon a Template for use in other Dashboards.
Screenshot of Configure Screen:
- Hover over data points within the graph to get details.
- Click Data Points within the Legend to hide them.
- Click on Data to dive in to the details panel.
- If your competitors are ranking higher than you click on the data series to drilldown and discover which keywords you need to optimize.
- If you are doing well within this kluster of keywords, switch klusters to see if there are other areas you can focus on to continue to improve your visibility online.