Beacons allow you to display data about a Web Presence within a configurable dashboard. This data can be created to display different sets of data for different time periods created the way that suits you and/or your clients needs.
Beacons are associated with the Agency, Client or Web Presence they are created for and can be accessed within Dashboards within that Agency, Client or Web Presence. Beacons can be created with data from web presences within an Agency, Client or Individual Web Presence. For example, You can create a Beacon for a Web Presence and use it across all the dashboards within that Web Presence. However, you can not access that same Beacon in your Client Dashboards.
For example, You can create a Beacon for a Web Presence Dashboard and use it across all the dashboards within that Web Presence. However, you can not access that same Beacon in your Client Dashboards. Another example is you can create an Agency Dashboard with Beacons for the various Web Presences within it, but those Beacons can only be used within Agency Dashboards.
Follow these steps to create a Beacon:
- Navigate to Dashboards at the level that you would like to create the Beacon for.
- Click on the Add Beacon Icon.
- The Beacon Library displays all Existing Beacons and the option to create a New Beacon. Click the New Beacon button.
- From this Screen you can Search through Beacons and then Select the Beacon you would like to create.
- Fill in the fields for the Beacon Type you created.
- Click Add Beacon.
- You will then be taken back to your dashboard with the new Beacon added.
For more detailed instructions on how to configure a Beacon and add it to a dashboard refer to articles about each Beacon.