gShift enables you to provide your Users specific permissions and access required to meet their functional needs and your organizational requirements. The User Panel enables Owners and Administrators to set up individual users and the permissions pertaining to each of them.
Permissions can be set at three (3) levels:
- Web Presence
Permissions can be set to the following three options:
- User can access the feature described.
- User has no permission to access the feature.
- User's permission will be inherited from the role defined for them at the level above. e.g. If a feature is set to On at the Agency Level and Inherited at the Client Level, then the User will have access to the feature at both the Agency and Client levels.
Permissions are set via a Role:
- System Roles
- Admin - All Access to an Agency, Client and/or Web Presence.
- Edit - Access to Add Presences, Pages, Keywords or Edit Web Presence Points (e.g. Social Networks and Google Analytics).
- Limits: Cannot Add Users, Cannot Delete Web Presences.
- Read Only - Can View Data within a Web Presence and Create Reports.
- No Access - No access to a Web Presence or Client, as selected.
- List Clients - User can only see Clients he/she has permission to access.
- List Presences - User can only see Web Presences he/she has permission to access.
- Overview + Setup - Limited access Role with access to data overview for a Web Presence.
- Checkbox - ON
- Empty Checkbox - OFF
- I - Inherited
Multiple Roles per User:
- Each User can be assigned multiple Roles. These Roles can be assigned by Agency, Client or Web Presence.
- Note: Roles assigned last (i.e. at the bottom of the Role list) will be applied first and anything inherited will result from the Roles listed above.
- If no Role is defined above then inherited will be set to Off.
gShift recommends using On and Inherited settings. The only time Off should be used is if Users need to be completely locked out of a specific feature at any level.
If you need help defining or setting up User Roles or Permissions, please contact support.
Screenshot of User Permissions Table: