The Categories used by Off-Site pages are used to help categorize content for reporting. Categories allow you to quickly see if different types of external content are performing better than others. Find a list of the different categories with a brief description:
- Web Page: This category is perfect for Web Presences with external landing pages, or general external pages that do not fall into categories below.
- Press Release: This category is used for External content on News Wire sites. Use this category to highlight any press releases that you sent out.
- Other Social: This category is used for Social pages outside of the social networks gShift supports. Ex. Instagram, Stumbleupon, etc...
- Blog Post: This category is often used for guest blog posts.
- Local: This category is perfect for links and content on local websites like Yellow pages or Chamber of Commerce
- Directory: This category is perfect for directories that are relative to your web presence.
- Video: This category is perfect for adding content from Daily Motion, Vimeo and other external video services.
- Citation: This is perfect for external content that references your website or contact information.
- News Article: This category is often used for unsolicited news stories. Ex. Local news station or major online news source mentions your site.